Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The Electrical and Electronics Engineering department of Valliammai Engineering College is more than a decade old. The Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme is duly approved by the AICTE and affiliated to ANNA University, Chennai. The Department is ISO 9001:2008 certified. National Board of Accreditation (NBA) has accredited the B.E-EEE programme for a period of 3 years. Since its inception in the year 2001, the department has excellent infrastructure and is currently served by a team of 22 well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculties whose specialization spans around major areas in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The department prides for its 12 state-of-the-art laboratories with modern equipment, and it also has AICTE sanctioned two Modernization and Removal of Obsolescence (MODROBS) schemes for Electrical Machines Lab and Web based Electronic Devices and Circuits laboratory. The department also offers Post graduate program in Power Systems Engineering since 2010.
Programmes run by the department are,
• B.E.- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
• M.E.- Power Systems
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is recognized as Research centre by Anna University, Chennai.
To accomplish and maintain international eminence and to contribute to become a model institution for higher learning through development of highly competent and dynamic Electrical and Electronics Engineers while remaining sensitive to ethical, societal and environmental issues.
• To mould Electrical and Electronics Engineers and Entrepreneurs of international excellence as global leaders capable of contributing towards technological innovations, economic growth and environmental safety.
• To transform the Department into centre of excellence in the domain of Electrical and Electronics engineering by promoting research and development, consultancy work and industry- institute interaction activities.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’s) :
1. To contribute towards development of highly competent and dynamic professional engineers who can also serve as ideal citizens of our country and work towards advancement in their area of specialization.
2. To provide students with adequate technical knowledge and skills in using modern engineering tools to apply mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals to the modeling, analysis, and solution of problems related to electrical and electronics engineering.
3. To equip the students with the state-of-the-art industrial standards towards becoming a competent practicing electrical and electronics engineer and an entrepreneur, while remaining sensitive to the professional responsibilities, including ethical, societal and environmental issues.
4. To produce graduates who are able to communicate clearly and concisely, and functioning effectively in interdisciplinary research contributing to global database while continuing to engage in life-long learning.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO's) :
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
(b) An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
(c) An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
(d) An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
(e) An ability to identify, formulates, and solves engineering problems.
(f) An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
(g) An ability to communicate effectively.
(h) The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
(i) A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
(j) A knowledge of contemporary issues.
(k) An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
(l) An ability to device an alternate solution to the ever increasing power crisis in our country with the green and renewable energy resources.
(m) An ability to conceive and execute a product starting from incubation to commercialized level and hence to become a competent entrepreneur.
Dr. K. Elango
Professor & Head,
Dept. of Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
Valliammai Engineering College,
SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur - 603 203,
Tamil Nadu, India.
MOBILE : +91 - 91766 80292 TEL : 044 - 27454784 / 726, EXTN : 8161 FAX : 044 - 2745 1504.
EMAIL : email@example.com