Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
In order to meet the wide ranging, challenging and very rapidly growing Global Demands for "Professional Electronics and Communication Engineers" in this Hi-Tech Era, the Department of "Electronics and Communication Engineering" was established since inception of the college in the year 1999. Initially, the annual intake was 60. In tune with the growing demand profile globally for ECE, the intake level was enhanced to 120 in the year 2000–01 and 120 to 180 in the year 2012–13.
In a very short span of time since the Department was launched in our College, it has made a name for itself, among the Top few Colleges, at the University level, through Seminars, Symposia, Workshops, and Conferences and also through its performance in the Examinations and Placement.
The First year Core Curriculum begins with a common knowledge base and customizes Students by grounding in basic Engineering Foundation and in Critical Hands-on Skills in Engineering Practices. The Course has access to enhance the Learning, Student Perspective and Experience to develop Specialization in areas of 'Electronics and Communication Engineering'. Class room learning is complemented by practicals in Hi-Tech Labs, Projects and Hands on Experiences, so as to foster knowledge in .Engineering and Technology.
• Department of ECE is recognized as Research centre by Anna University, Chennai.
•The Department strives to develop long Term relationships with Industries and market the Student's Talents effectively. The Students are thus provided high level 'Leads and Pathways' that enable them to gain access to a broad range of 'high potential' and 'hi-tech' Career Opportunities.
• In a very short span of time since the Department was launched in our College, it has made a name for itself, among the Top few Colleges, at the University level, through Seminars, Symposia, Workshops, and Conferences and also through its performance in the Examinations and Placement.
• The Department has well-qualified Faculty Members with various specialization relevant for the industry.
To excel in the field of electronics and communication engineering and to develop highly competent technocrats with global intellectual qualities.
M1: To educate the students with the state of art technologies to compete internationally, able to produce creative solutions to the society`s needs, conscious to the universal moral values, adherent to the professional ethical code
M2: To encourage the students for professional and software development career.
M3: To equip the students with strong foundations to enable them for continuing education and research.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’s) :
PEO2: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, Scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems requiring knowledge of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
PEO3: To prepare students with engineering breadth to innovate, design, develop electronics products and to contribute in providing solutions related to multidisciplinary real life problems.
PEO4: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and teamwork to become a successful professional.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO's) :
Engineering Graduates will be able to
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using the first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for the complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including the design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and the synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO's) :
PSO2: Ability to understand and analyze the interdisciplinary problems for developing innovative sustained solutions with environmental concerns.
PSO3: Ability to update knowledge continuously in the tools like MATLAB, NS2, XILINIX and technologies like VLSI, Embedded, Wireless Communications to meet the industry requirements.
PSO4: Ability to manage effectively as part of a team with professional behavior and ethics.
Dr. Komala James
Professor & Head,
Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering,
Valliammai Engineering College,
SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur - 603 203,
Tamil Nadu, India.
MOBILE : +91 - 98406 59963 TEL : 044 - 27454784 / 726, EXTN : 8141 FAX : 044 - 2745 1504.
EMAIL : email@example.com