Department of Civil Engineering
• Department of Civil Engineering organized CONSTRUO’12, the first National level technical symposium of Valliammai Engineering College was conducted on September 21st, 2012.
• A guest lecture was conducted in the department of civil engineering on August 23, 2013. The lecture wad rendered by Er.S.Balaji, Chief Interface Co-ordinator, Chennai Metro Rail Project, L&T Construction in ‘Chennai Metro Rail Project.
• A guest lecture was conducted in the department of civil engineering, on October 9, 2013. The lecture wad rendered by Dr.Radhakrishna G Pillai, Assistant Professor , BTCM Division, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras in ‘Corrossion in Concrete and Steel Strucutres’.
• Department of Civil Engineering has conducted National Level Technical symposium “CONSTRUO-13” on September 2013.
• The Anna University sponsored Faculty Development Program “Railways, Airport and Harbour Engineering” was organized on 27th May 2013 to 3rd June 2013.
• Department of Civil engineering organized Guest lecture on “Reuse of Waste Water using Membrane Technology” on 31st January, 2014. Dr.S.V.Srinivasan, M.E., Ph.D Scientist, Department of Environment Technology, Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI) was the guest speaker.
• Department of Civil engineering organized the Inaugural Function of “Engineering College Student Chapter” of The Institute of Engineers (India) on 26th March,2014.
• Department of Civil Engineering, Valliammai Engineering College Organized One day National Conference on “ADVANCEMENTS AND CHALLAEGES IN CIVIL ENGINEERING”(ACCE) Sponsored by Institute of Engineers (IEI) on 11th April, 2014.
• Department of Civil engineering organized Guest lecture on “Advanced water Treatment Technologies” on 17th September, 2014 between 2.00 pm to 3.30 pm. Dr.V.Subbiah, M.E., Ph.D, Dean (PG Studies), Hindustan University was the guest speaker.
• A Guest lecture was organized on ‘Advanced in Steel Materials’ on 24th February, 2015 at 2.00 pm. Mr.N.Jayasundar, Additional General Manager, Steel Authority of India Ltd was the Guest Speaker
• CONSTRUO ’15, the third National Level Students Technical Symposium was organized on 28th February 2015
• A special online lecture was organized on July 21st, 2015 in the Dept of Civil Engineering in Collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). The lecture was delivered by Mr.Balaji Seshadri, Head – Engineering (Mechanical) and Service, and Mr. Krishna Kumar, Solutions Engineer from GRUNDFOS on ‘WASTE WATER TREATMENT’.
• A Guest lecture was organized on the ‘Physics of Earthquake and Earthquake Resistant Structures’ on 7th August, 2015 at 10.00 a.m. and Mr.M.Murugesan, Asst. General Manager, (Civil & Structural), L&T Technology Services Ltd, Chennai delivered the lecture
• A Workshop was organized on ‘ANSYS CIVIL FEM’ on 28th August 2015 at 10.00 a.m. and Mr. R. Radha Krishnan, Technical Head, Cadd Centre, Selaiyur was the Resource person.
• CONSTRUO’15, the Fourth National Level Students Technical Symposium was organized on 29th August 2015. It was inaugurated by Dr. Jolly Annie Peter, Chief Scientist (CSIR), Structural Engineering Research Centre (SERC), Chennai.
• A Guest lecture was organized on ‘Transportation Planning in Indian Cities’ on 8th September, 2015. Dr.K.Gunasekaran, Professor, Department of transportation Engineering, Anna University, CEG Campus delivered the lecture.